• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Dboom85

Banned
Any theory on why my recruiter might be trying to submit my application to this May board? Should I bring up the suggestion to push off until August or is it not really an issue submitting to both if May board is a ProRec-N?
It’s already too late to submit to the may board, you’ll be pushed to august

Dboom85

Banned
Isn't the deadline April 8th?
Start reading forum posts starting from here

exNavyOffRec

Hmm, strange that I wasn't informed of this when I was down there today. I'll have to text him tomorrow and see what's up because I'm like 90% sure he told me I'd be in the May board
Most recruiters don't bother to read what comes out from NRC and are often oblivious to critical items that affect applicants.

exNavyOffRec

What started the whole backlog of applicants anyway? COVID?
It caused issues in 2020 and some carryover into 2021 but most of this is due to goal adjustments, the hard goals dropped by 100+ and that can be due to several reasons, less SNA's needed overall or less attrition through the pipeline are just a few.

Shheen

Been away for a while, quite a few changes with the situation! Where is all of this dash board information located?

towleba

Pro-Rec Y SNFO FY24
Just received this text from my recruiter after I asked about the May Boards being filled and not being submitted yet:

"I apologize for the delayed response, I am sorry for the bad information you received but there is no Aviation board for May. I can't verify the source you got your information from however I called 15 people yesterday before finally contacting the 0-6 in charge of the Aviation community and he verified there were no packages taken for a May board and for the foreseeable further. October May open for NFO, but the earliest pilot board he sees right now will happen in November he believed. "

Shheen

Yeah I seen this, I was wondering what the website the information was located on. My bad for not being clear with what I was asking for!

vbts13

Just received this text from my recruiter after I asked about the May Boards being filled and not being submitted yet:

"I apologize for the delayed response, I am sorry for the bad information you received but there is no Aviation board for May. I can't verify the source you got your information from however I called 15 people yesterday before finally contacting the 0-6 in charge of the Aviation community and he verified there were no packages taken for a May board and for the foreseeable further. October May open for NFO, but the earliest pilot board he sees right now will happen in November he believed. "

That's bizarre, that dashboard makes it seem like there are definitely May and August boards, and my recruiter said I "should" be at board come May - I submitted early January

Shheen

@exNavyOffRec any words of wisdom regarding this? I would assume the information the recruiter passed is either wrong or they explained it incorrectly.

exNavyOffRec

@exNavyOffRec any words of wisdom regarding this? I would assume the information the recruiter passed is either wrong or they explained it incorrectly.
NRC controls the aviation board, and per NRC's own document that came out there is a May board, to me it doesn't make sense to have one.

However hard data on paper is more reliable than what your recruiter told you, especially since the Director of OCS accessions is a commander, so not sure who this O-6 is that is in charge of aviation, unless he called the OCM but again, the aviation board is controlled by NRC.

vbts13

NRC controls the aviation board, and per NRC's own document that came out there is a May board, to me it doesn't make sense to have one.

However hard data on paper is more reliable than what your recruiter told you, especially since the Director of OCS accessions is a commander, so not sure who this O-6 is that is in charge of aviation, unless he called the OCM but again, the aviation board is controlled by NRC.
So because of the NRC dashboard that just came out would you say it's safe to assume there will in fact be May and August boards?

Reactions: Fib

exNavyOffRec

So because of the NRC dashboard that just came out would you say it's safe to assume there will in fact be May and August boards?
yes, data on paper is better than someones word anytime. I can say I loved it when other recruiters would go off of rumors as I kept moving forward and was able to get many people picked up because others would hold applications based on "rumors".