• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Not necessarily, I just only can fly on the weekends so it’s pretty rare the weather aligns with that. Can I pm you if I think of anything?
Yeah of course. My advice for solo XCs, is don't rush. Show up early with a flight plan, and nav log completely done. Always have an out in case of engine failure. Never stop scanning for landing spots and use the nrst feature on your GPS often. Don't be hesitant to practice maneuvers and soft/short field landings at your destinations. Find ways to safely get out of your comfort zone to avoid complacency.

FloridaDad

Hey guys it's been a bit since I posted hope everyone is doing well. We submitted for me to go to MEPS like 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard back from them which is driving me crazy. How long did it take some of you recently with the backups? Especially in Florida? I also have a LASIK waiver that has to be reviewed and approved before I go so... I swear if they take so long I miss the August board too I'm gonna be PISSED!

Reactions: Fib

schen0222

Hey guys it's been a bit since I posted hope everyone is doing well. We submitted for me to go to MEPS like 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard back from them which is driving me crazy. How long did it take some of you recently with the backups? Especially in Florida? I also have a LASIK waiver that has to be reviewed and approved before I go so... I swear if they take so long I miss the August board too I'm gonna be PISSED!
Getting me to MEPS took like a month and a half for approval(was during peak covid though), PRK waiver was almost instant

The2ndworst

Im in Florida, I submitted my forms last month to MEPS heard back and got an appointment scheduled within a week or so. Although I had zero waivers. My recruiter was making it seem like MEPs was going faster than normal when I did it.

FloridaDad

Im in Florida, I submitted my forms last month to MEPS heard back and got an appointment scheduled within a week or so. Although I had zero waivers. My recruiter was making it seem like MEPs was going faster than normal when I did it.
Could be something with my waiver then... who knows. As long as I don't miss the August board it's fine but like I've said a million times on this forum the more time goes on the more I worry about age.

BB Poison

Contributor
Interesting tidbit I got after retaking my ASTB yesterday; called my recruiter afterwards to give him my new scores and he told me the May board was full, as I expected from this thread. However, he called me later to tell me that his department head had heard they were opening up more spots for the May board and that I might be able to make it if I submit today. Take this with a huge grain of salt, this could be BS or it could mean only a handful of people who submitted after cutoff will make it to the May board, but I thought I would share for those of us who are caught between this board and the August board.

schen0222

Interesting tidbit I got after retaking my ASTB yesterday; called my recruiter afterwards to give him my new scores and he told me the May board was full, as I expected from this thread. However, he called me later to tell me that his department head had heard they were opening up more spots for the May board and that I might be able to make it if I submit today. Take this with a huge grain of salt, this could be BS or it could mean only a handful of people who submitted after cutoff will make it to the May board, but I thought I would share for those of us who are caught between this board and the August board.
I got the same news from my recruiter

FloridaDad

Come on MEPS hurry up lol

exNavyOffRec

They only have so many spots to give, so more applicants means lower selection rate, and they would pull those already pushed to August into the May board vice someone that just applied right now.

It makes me wonder if he wants you to get it in so it counts as a submission for this quarter.

BB Poison

Contributor
They only have so many spots to give, so more applicants means lower selection rate, and they would pull those already pushed to August into the May board vice someone that just applied right now.

It makes me wonder if he wants you to get it in so it counts as a submission for this quarter.
Possibly, but I did tell him I want to submit ASAP despite missing the May board. He might be thinking I could make it, but I'm expecting to be at the August board.