• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

WorldWar33.3

At this point I'm starting to expect November just so I can be excited about August. At the rate things are going though, I'm starting to think I should start investigating other options (Army WOFT, Coast Guard) just in case I run out of time.
Why not apply Navy, Army, and AF at the same time? The "shotgun" method increases your chances!

Shheen

At this point I'm starting to expect November just so I can be excited about August. At the rate things are going though, I'm starting to think I should start investigating other options (Army WOFT, Coast Guard) just in case I run out of time.
I would go CG if i had the option

WorldWar33.3

Is the application process with the Marines for sna pretty similar to the Navy process?
MEPS and the ASTB are exactly the same and that's as similar as they get. Your OSO will throw you into a PT group and you do workouts together and get good PFT scores; You can't get selected with a shitty PFT. You also get a NAMI flight physical before OCS so that's a positive for the USMC.

Triumph_MAC

MEPS and the ASTB are exactly the same and that's as similar as they get. Your OSO will throw you into a PT group and you do workouts together and get good PFT scores; You can't get selected with a shitty PFT. You also get a NAMI flight physical before OCS so that's a positive for the USMC.
AD folks applying go through a NAMI physical as well. That’s one thing I always appreciate when being attached to the Marine Corps, the emphasis on PT is great.

WorldWar33.3

AD folks applying go through a NAMI physical as well. That’s one thing I always appreciate when being attached to the Marine Corps, the emphasis on PT is great.
I didn't know AD folks go to NAMI first too. The PT is great. They have me constantly doing things I never thought I could do.

exNavyOffRec

Is this a new thing because going to NAMI is different than having the physical done by the command and sent off.

Triumph_MAC

Is this a new thing because going to NAMI is different than having the physical done by the command and sent off.
All my packages have went to NAMI and I get a letter back stating I am physically qualified for Pilot and physically qualified for NFO. I sent that letter in with my OCS package and 2808/2807, labs and audiogram. Then I got another letter from CNRC saying I am physically qualified for restricted/unrestricted line duty.
Prevents us from getting the NAMI whammy while at OCS. I thought this was something all Active duty did before sending in their packages.

exNavyOffRec

All my packages have went to NAMI and I get a letter back stating I am physically qualified for Pilot and physically qualified for NFO. I sent that letter in with my OCS package and 2808/2807, labs and audiogram. Then I got another letter from CNRC saying I am physically qualified for restricted/unrestricted line duty.
Prevents us from getting the NAMI whammy while at OCS. I thought this was something all Active duty did before sending in their packages.
A NAMI physical and review involves a NAMI medical personnel doing anthros, even though other medical personnel can do anthros they are just preliminary and NAMI still will need to do official ones, until they do those nothing is official. The USMC aviation applicants will actually get sent to Pensacola and get everything reviewed and anthros done and a final determination there. That is why there are AD USN that do get NAMI whammied but you don't hear much about it as the number of AD applicants is a small percentage of the overall applicants.