• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

piper56M

Interesting tidbit I got after retaking my ASTB yesterday; called my recruiter afterwards to give him my new scores and he told me the May board was full, as I expected from this thread. However, he called me later to tell me that his department head had heard they were opening up more spots for the May board and that I might be able to make it if I submit today. Take this with a huge grain of salt, this could be BS or it could mean only a handful of people who submitted after cutoff will make it to the May board, but I thought I would share for those of us who are caught between this board and the August board.
The same thing happened to me. After my last attempt my recruiter and I were setting up to submit to the August board, but later she told me the May board re-opened and to get everything to her ASAP because it may close at any moment.

The2ndworst

They only have so many spots to give, so more applicants means lower selection rate, and they would pull those already pushed to August into the May board vice someone that just applied right now.

It makes me wonder if he wants you to get it in so it counts as a submission for this quarter.
I know the spots are low for SNA, but I saw you mentioned a little while ago the numbers were a little better for SNFO’s. Is that still the case?

I know the spots are low for SNA, but I saw you mentioned a little while ago the numbers were a little better for SNFO’s. Is that still the case?
Numbers and quotas for fy23 haven't been released yet.

Does anyone know if you can submit extra documents after your package is submitted? Like extra stuff to strengthen your package not necessarily required?

Fib

FloridaDad, MEPS has been dicking around with my stuff too. They keep sending me things back saying they need to see more of xyz and I'm just like..... come on I have given them everything I have lol.

exNavyOffRec

Numbers and quotas for fy23 haven't been released yet.

Does anyone know if you can submit extra documents after your package is submitted? Like extra stuff to strengthen your package not necessarily required?
correct, numbers won't be released until Nov-Jan time frame, until then they estimate based on the past FY, in general the number change by a small amount, last year was an anomaly.

since you are AD you can ask, however non-AD must have it kicked back to NRD.

I really wouldn't worry though as you have an 8 and that is the most important thing, nothing else is going to help get you through the pipeline.

Dboom85

Banned
My expectations are low, I’m assuming I’m rolled back a whole year. It’s nice because when you get actual news that’s on paper and not word of mouth my expectations are exceeded

FloridaDad

My expectations are low, I’m assuming I’m rolled back a whole year. It’s nice because when you get actual news that’s on paper and not word of mouth my expectations are exceeded
At this point I'm starting to expect November just so I can be excited about August. At the rate things are going though, I'm starting to think I should start investigating other options (Army WOFT, Coast Guard) just in case I run out of time.

correct, numbers won't be released until Nov-Jan time frame, until then they estimate based on the past FY, in general the number change by a small amount, last year was an anomaly.

since you are AD you can ask, however non-AD must have it kicked back to NRD.

I really wouldn't worry though as you have an 8 and that is the most important thing, nothing else is going to help get you through the pipeline.
Thank you for the advice. I may just submit now and try to add the document later.

6thcali

I know this was kind of mentioned before but just to be clear. Are 39 applicants for SNA going to be selected from only 60ish applications that are going to be seen at this board?

I know this was kind of mentioned before but just to be clear. Are 39 applicants for SNA going to be selected from only 60ish applications that are going to be seen at this board?
How do we know the numbers for this board? Was it put on the dashboard?

Triumph_MAC

That’s the number that the board is looking to select each board. That is always adjustable by NRC. They could choose more or less based on a number of things like ship dates, pipeline, etc.