• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

exNavyOffRec

Just to add to the chaos. While meeting for my monthly COP forms with CPO. I informed them of the board close of Feb 25 for the upcoming SNA/SNFO board and they were completely unaware and said they have still been able to submit.

Whether or not that is correct or the current situation is beyond me. Figured I'd share, best of luck to you all.
A submission does not mean it will be at the next board, your recruiter should know this.

Jstalz

On a positive note, if the boards really get limited to 60 applicants with 40 selects each, I don't think the odds are horrible

Val135

Here we go, latest Top Gun 2 trailer dropped. Just watch, a week after may 27th there's going to be a lot more forum members thinking they can join the Navy in just a couple of months. Also, a lot of them will probably be fooled into the Aerial Vehicle Operator warrant officer program
The AVO is a lot more competitive, they early cut a lot of applicants and only selected 10. I can’t imagine them picking up many more, with the program just standing up.

Dboom85

Banned
The AVO is a lot more competitive, they early cut a lot of applicants and only selected 10. I can’t imagine them picking up many more, with the program just standing up.
Well supposedly from my friend at NIFE rn says all of the next couple of class at NIFE are going to be dedicated to them so I could imagine the amount of people they have in the pipeline isn’t small.

Triumph_MAC

I believe they are shooting for the same number of selects this board as well. I watched a video put out by the OCM’s and they mentioned they don’t want a lot of people in the pipeline right now since it’s still getting established.
Are you applying?

Triumph_MAC

Well supposedly from my friend at NIFE rn says all of the next couple of class at NIFE are going to be dedicated to them so I could imagine the amount of people they have in the pipeline isn’t small.
That could be a huge game changed for applying then. That may open the pool more than I thought.

Dboom85

Banned
My son is in NIFE rn, and 4or 5 AVO warrant officers are in his class
My guess is because the Drone pipeline is so new, Naval Aviation Command will eventually develop its own training schools and in the meantime, they will use NIFE and possibly other SNA/SNFO schools to train the drone pilots which is unfortunate not only for the selected but us too. This is all my speculation, don't take it as law. My friend's exact text was "Apparently NIFE is going to be really backed up for a few weeks because they're allocating a bunch of classes solely for UAV pilots." This could explain the lack of spots on these next boards.

exNavyOffRec

My guess is because the Drone pipeline is so new, Naval Aviation Command will eventually develop its own training schools and in the meantime, they will use NIFE and possibly other SNA/SNFO schools to train the drone pilots which is unfortunate not only for the selected but us too. This is all my speculation, don't take it as law. My friend's exact text was "Apparently NIFE is going to be really backed up for a few weeks because they're allocating a bunch of classes solely for UAV pilots." This could explain the lack of spots on these next boards.
In the press releases it said they would take 10 years to get up to 450 so with attrition estimate around 50 per year, how many students are allowed in each NIFE class?

Dboom85

Banned
In the press releases it said they would take 10 years to get up to 450 so with attrition estimate around 50 per year, how many students are allowed in each NIFE class?
I have no idea, that text was all I got from my buddy. I think he finished studying navigation last week and now he's studying radio communication. He's in the thick of it fosho

Val135

I believe they are shooting for the same number of selects this board as well. I watched a video put out by the OCM’s and they mentioned they don’t want a lot of people in the pipeline right now since it’s still getting established.
Are you applying?
No I got picked up for SNA, but a friend of mine was one of the AVOs selected.

Last edited:

jpl1998

I submitted my packet for SNA in September 2021 for the May 2022 board, my status (as of March 8th) was "Awaiting Pro-board". Does that mean anything other than I'm just waiting for the board to convene in May? In other words, does this confirm that I made it into the board? Thanks in advance.

FloridaDad

Anyone else having issues getting into MEPS? I’ve been waiting for a month now and my recruiter still hasn’t heard back from them. I just want to make sure I’m in soon enough to actually make the August board at this point haha. I’m literally sitting here just waiting…