• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

BB Poison

Contributor
Anyone else having issues getting into MEPS? I’ve been waiting for a month now and my recruiter still hasn’t heard back from them. I just want to make sure I’m in soon enough to actually make the August board at this point haha. I’m literally sitting here just waiting…
Did you have to submit any medical records before going to MEPS? I remember I had to submit paperwork for some meds I got as a kid before going but I only had to wait a week or two.

Triumph_MAC

I submitted my packet for SNA in September 2021 for the May 2022 board, my status (as of March 8th) was "Awaiting Pro-board". Does that mean anything other than I'm just waiting for the board to convene in May? In other words, does this confirm that I made it into the board? Thanks in advance.
That means you are waiting for the next professional review board. Whether that’s the May board or not, you wont’t officially know until the At board list comes out. With you submitting it as early as you did, I would hope it’s the May board.

krae3443

Anyone else having issues getting into MEPS? I’ve been waiting for a month now and my recruiter still hasn’t heard back from them. I just want to make sure I’m in soon enough to actually make the August board at this point haha. I’m literally sitting here just waiting…
I think it just depends on the MEPs location because when I went in July last year for the November board. I had 50 pages of medical paperwork to submit because they wanted everything because of one thing. They reviewed it all in a week and I went to meps the following week. So probably depends on the location and doctors.

Tumbleweed33

I submitted my packet for SNA in September 2021 for the May 2022 board, my status (as of March 8th) was "Awaiting Pro-board". Does that mean anything other than I'm just waiting for the board to convene in May? In other words, does this confirm that I made it into the board? Thanks in advance.
You should be on the may board. I submitted for the November board during the second week of September. Theoretically, you're the first inline.

smpl_dude

It took me a while because my recruiter wasn't really sure what paperwork they were actually asking for. I ended up with a new recruiter because my old one moved on, and he was able to figure out what they actually needed. The communication between people at MEPS, the recruiters, and you can get pretty muddled in my experience.

Fib

I had issues with my paperwork and all. I just kept bugging my recruiter and she kept bugging them and I finally went through on Tuesday. Received my letter from NRC saying Im a go to apply for SNA. bug the shit out of your recruiter.

6thcali

I had a dislocated shoulder and that caused all sorts of paper work and time delays. They even found out about my first motorcycle accident?
Had a similar incident too lol. MEPS found that I had a broken arm in kindergarten (almost 17 years ago!) somewhere in a recent doctor's note and wanted me to pull up documents about it to process, which delayed my app submission for the November board ?. At the time, my recruiter said the ORs were in a gang war with MEPS because they were oddly shooting back so many applications.

Last edited:

Tumbleweed33

Had a similar incident too lol. MEPS found that I had a broken arm in kindergarten (almost 17 years ago!) somewhere in a recent doctor's note and wanted me to pull up documents about it to process, which delayed my app submission for the November board ?. At the time, my recruiter said the ORs were in a gang war with MEPS because they were oddly shooting back so many applications.
I had a shoulder injury in 8th grade that doesn't affect me at all now. MEPS was about to make me go through the paperwork and waste time with another visit. But then this Hero behind the counter said "Nah let's get this guy xrayed today because he doesn't live here". So I lucked out for sure with zero waivers!

Ended up having to go back because I failed my depth perception test. Somehow convinced them to let me retake it and I passed with flying colors. I got back to my recruiter and he literally said "oh I'm surprised that worked!"
From reading other people's stories with meps on here, I was really lucky. My advice is when you are going through MEPS is to ask the processors and people there how their day is going (if they'll even have a convo with you). It seemed like they were moring willing to help me because of that!

Next stop NAMI ?

Maze_soba

I also had a surprisingly decent experience with MEPS. I was kind of stressing before going in because I had a whole binder of appendix surgery papers from Italy and was thinking I was gonna have to spend $1k+ getting it translated. But they ended up accepting it within a week in Italian!

Echoing @b.thomason33 here - if you go in expecting/anticipating a crappy experience, they'll make sure it becomes a reality. But when I was respectful and had a generally good attitude about it, they were more than accommodating on a number of things.

Walked out with zero waivers and hoping it stays that way for OCS/NAMI lol.

Mouselovr

Contributor
I also had a surprisingly decent experience with MEPS. I was kind of stressing before going in because I had a whole binder of appendix surgery papers from Italy and was thinking I was gonna have to spend $1k+ getting it translated. But they ended up accepting it within a week in Italian!

Echoing @b.thomason33 here - if you go in expecting/anticipating a crappy experience, they'll make sure it becomes a reality. But when I was respectful and had a generally good attitude about it, they were more than accommodating on a number of things.

Walked out with zero waivers and hoping it stays that way for OCS/NAMI lol.
For better or for worse, a lot of people will learn something new about themselves when they go through OCS medical bc it is so thorough. Most of the time, the issues that come up are benign and the HM/ flight doc will just move right along.
I learned I had a minor heart problem and something minor with my eyes. NAMI did not care.

But hooooboy did my heart drop when I learned I had a murmur bc I'd previously read on this site that its a DQ...... Unless they find something weird, getting through MEPS was the hardest step for a lot of us

WorldWar33.3

For better or for worse, a lot of people will learn something new about themselves when they go through OCS medical bc it is so thorough. Most of the time, the issues that come up are benign and the HM/ flight doc will just move right along.
I learned I had a minor heart problem and something minor with my eyes. NAMI did not care.

But hooooboy did my heart drop when I learned I had a murmur bc I'd previously read on this site that its a DQ...... Unless they find something weird, getting through MEPS was the hardest step for a lot of us
So how many medicals are there? MEPS, OCS, and NAMI?

villo0692

hey Oli !!!

slick99

Doesn't MEPS have some sort of new system that can pull up and screen your civilian health records?? I read about that somewhere...could be a possible explanation for why MEPS is taking so long for folks now