• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

bcal

Oh awesome! My landings always accidentally turn into touch and go’s there cause I’m used to having the 6000 ft runway at shd?
Yeah, doing pattern work over at SHD and then going back to the small runway of eagles nest always felt strange haha

Maze_soba

This is submitted files though right? At least that is how I read the article. If a kid when he was 2 went to the ER but has no memory of it when he goes to MEPS they won't be going "so 20 years ago tell me what happened"
I think I went through MEPS just before the system was enabled - do you know if they plan to retroactively go through your stuff? Like you pointed out, I don't want some prescription I don't know about from when I was 2 to freak the docs at OCS out and be stuck in student pool for months.

The2ndworst

This is submitted files though right? At least that is how I read the article. If a kid when he was 2 went to the ER but has no memory of it when he goes to MEPS they won't be going "so 20 years ago tell me what happened"
That is how I read it as well, I believe when my recruiter spoke about it they only outside medical records they have new access to is Prescription History.

Tumbleweed33

honestly is probably good. Better to know if you're medically disqualified before attending OCS, than once you get there. I graduated in Jan 28 and there's still a couple of my friends in student pool rn going through medical stuff
I agree. Just doing the NAMI physical before OCS could avoid a lot of headaches/heartbreaks but you gotta fill those other designators some way or another

exNavyOffRec

I agree. Just doing the NAMI physical before OCS could avoid a lot of headaches/heartbreaks but you gotta fill those other designators some way or another
It just isn't cost effective for the USN to send aviation applicants through NAMI, they have too many. USMC can do it because they have a lot fewer spots

Mouselovr

Contributor
It just isn't cost effective for the USN to send aviation applicants through NAMI, they have too many. USMC can do it because they have a lot fewer spots
Student pool also won't cease to exist as a result of pre-qual. There are a lot of dumb ways you can get held up.
However, there will be a lot less DQs the day of. Every class has a handful of people who clear all the medical silliness just to have NAMI turn around and slap them with the good ole' NAMI whammy after flight doc signs off.

Dboom85

Banned
Student pool also won't cease to exist as a result of pre-qual. There are a lot of dumb ways you can get held up.
However, there will be a lot less DQs the day of. Every class has a handful of people who clear all the medical silliness just to have NAMI turn around and slap them with the good ole' NAMI whammy after flight doc signs off.
*insert will smith meme

Atlasaur

This talk about MHS Genesis is making me nervous. Will they cross check your previously provided medical and prescription history against what Genesis finds? I've already passed MEPS with no problems and no waivers but if the initial medical screening at OCS is more thorough than MEPS, I may have an issue.

Has anyone spoken to recent OCS grads about the medical process and the MHS Genesis integration during the first week?

csanfilippo9

Man what a day. First off I just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to give me advice as I took my last astb. Well I didn’t end like I had hoped it would 51 5/6/6. I dealt with computer malfunction the entire pbm portion and I paid the price for it on dichotic listening . good luck to everyone submitting wishing you luck.

vbts13

all this medical talk has me about to schedule a comprehensive eye exam - even though I have 20/20, I'm paranoid af about a potential underlying condition I'm unaware of

Maze_soba

all this medical talk has me about to schedule a comprehensive eye exam - even though I have 20/20, I'm paranoid af about a potential underlying condition I'm unaware of
lol, I'm considering doing the same - but also afraid of learning something I can't un-learn. I feel like the best possible way to prepare for this is to decide absolutely whether you are happy to be an officer first.

Do civilians get a comprehensive eye exam with cyclopeligic drop dilation at meps? As active duty I had to do this before I was able to submit.