• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Dboom85

Banned
Like 10 days ago
If you did make this board and assuming everyone else who submitted before is in then this board is about to have gnarly pro rec no numbers if they keep to the 39/36 available slots for sna/snfo. My GUESS is they just opened up the board for snfo applicants because of a lack of applicants unlike sna.

If you did make this board and assuming everyone else who submitted before is in then this board is about to have gnarly pro rec no numbers if they keep to the 39/36 available slots for sna/snfo. My GUESS is they just opened up the board for snfo applicants because of a lack of applicants unlike sna.
Best to give everyone a fair chance who submitted before the deadline.

Dboom85

Banned
Best to give everyone a fair chance who submitted before the deadline.
I disagree, if they have a fixed number of packages they will look at that means the acceptance rate will be the same across all boards. Those who submit earlier than others will have the benefit of having their packages looked at in an earlier board, if they didn’t make it in the first 60 packages submitted the board will roll theirs to the next and have the same chance as others in the previous board so as long as the sna/snfo goals don’t change. Imho that’s way better

Last edited:

vbts13

I disagree, if they have a fixed number of packages they will look at that means the acceptance rate will be the same across all boards. Those who submit earlier than others will have the benefit of having their packages looked at in an earlier board, if they didn’t make it in the first 60 packages submitted the board will roll theirs to the next and have the same chance as others in the previous board so as long as the sna/snfo goals don’t change. Imho that’s way better
Yeah I liked my chances when things were capped at 60, if they aren't anymore then that makes me nervous... might see an ASTB retake in my future if there's gonna be a 30% acceptance rate lol...But I guess we'll see what the cap is when the at board list comes out

I can see both sides of the coin. My typical outlook is to pick the best qualified and it gives the rest of us time until the next board to strengthen our applications. If you don't get selected and you want to resubmit a stronger application you would move to the back of the queue. So the arbitrary submission order doesn't really make sense.

FloridaDad

I have now been waiting 5 weeks for my recruiter to hear back from MEPS about when I can go and be processed. Did anyone else wait that long? My recruiter is saying to just be patient but this doesn't seem normal and there's a deadline looming way too near (at this point I don't at all expect to make it but I want to do everything I can). Is there something I can ask him to do to find out what the hold up is?

vbts13

I have now been waiting 5 weeks for my recruiter to hear back from MEPS about when I can go and be processed. Did anyone else wait that long? My recruiter is saying to just be patient but this doesn't seem normal and there's a deadline looming way too near (at this point I don't at all expect to make it but I want to do everything I can). Is there something I can ask him to do to find out what the hold up is?
My recruiter got me seen for my physical at a local Navy Base, and that took about 2 months

exNavyOffRec

Are the only medical documents to be reviewed for your lasik? I would ask him if the USN MEPS liaison has asked what the hold up is.