• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Wind-Jammer

You guys can speculate all you want but I don’t think there’s anyway to tell without having access to full packages over the course of many boards. Personally, I’m an Eagle Scout and I think that would help out but again no data on that at all
So this is for everyone here, no one, even the board member themselves know what criteria they will be putting through.

The ASTB/OAR scores are the biggest factor, next gpa, and last extra curriculars. As far as what extra curriculars are better, no one knows it would be a personal preference.

Just for some transparency
I was Pro-Rec Y in may 2018. Here were my credentials.
Degree:Criminal Justice GPA:3.4
No prior flight experience- Highschool- 3 various clubs- captain of football and basketball teams
College- NCAA athlete/captain AFROTC
married, 1 child.

Again, this was just me, it was one board with select officers. But just wanted to give you an idea.

Dboom85

Banned
So this is for everyone here, no one, even the board member themselves know what criteria they will be putting through.

The ASTB/OAR scores are the biggest factor, next gpa, and last extra curriculars. As far as what extra curriculars are better, no one knows it would be a personal preference.

Just for some transparency
I was Pro-Rec Y in may 2018. Here were my credentials.
Degree:Criminal Justice GPA:3.4
No prior flight experience- Highschool- 3 various clubs- captain of football and basketball teams
College- NCAA athlete/captain AFROTC
married, 1 child.

Again, this was just me, it was one board with select officers. But just wanted to give you an idea.
Thank you but not the point I was trying to make. Clearly there is a correlation but you can’t go off of 1 or 2 data points from each board. From what I’ve seen there’s a lot of applicants that don’t post on air warriors at all and their packages could be completely contradictory to the data that is presented on air warriors. There’s no telling what denied or accepted applicants aren’t disclosing. For all you guys know, my dad could be the commander of nrc or the aviation community or I could have multiple DUIs. Be critical of everything you read or hear.

Edit: the only somewhat reliable data that people on here are providing are the ASTB scores and what else is in the previous board forum spreadsheets

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

I know it's common gouge on here that the navy/board does not care about civilian pilot ratings, but after reading the past Pro-rec boards feedback pages it is clear that they do consider it when deciding. Just a tip for anyone on the edge about getting some experience or licenses.
That is the same essentially "canned" feedback they have given for 20 years and it really doesn't matter, otherwise you would see people with 5's getting picked that have flight experience, but they don't.

exNavyOffRec

They give gouge on various things they consider on the notes at the end of the selection results.

Thank you but not the point I was trying to make. Clearly there is a correlation but you can’t go off of 1 or 2 data points from each board. From what I’ve seen there’s a lot of applicants that don’t post on air warriors at all and their packages could be completely contradictory to the data that is presented on air warriors. There’s no telling what denied or accepted applicants aren’t disclosing. For all you guys know, my dad could be the commander of nrc or the aviation community or I could have multiple DUIs. Be critical of everything you read or hear.
On the notes see my previous reply.

The data points are not just off of people here but have been based on years of selections and data. The ASTB is number 1 for the main reason they need to pick those with the greatest aptitude for success in flight school and data has show prior flight experience does not mean success in flight school, the PFAR and FOFAR do.

Dboom85

Banned
On the notes see my previous reply.

The data points are not just off of people here but have been based on years of selections and data. The ASTB is number 1 for the main reason they need to pick those with the greatest aptitude for success in flight school and data has show prior flight experience does not mean success in flight school, the PFAR and FOFAR do.
Said it better than I did

Wind-Jammer

Edit: the only somewhat reliable data that people on here are providing are the ASTB scores and what else is in the previous board forum spreadsheets
I hear you, I was basically trying to make that point, worded it poorly.
I was trying to show that I was nothing special and was selected, so that there really isn’t a rhyme or reason other than like you said in another post, test scores are above all else.
You won’t know where you stand by sitting on here.
This forum just gives you all an outlet to get some stress out, and learn a lot of tips and tricks for OCS

exNavyOffRec

I hear you, I was basically trying to make that point, worded it poorly.
I was trying to show that I was nothing special and was selected, so that there really isn’t a rhyme or reason other than like you said in another post, test scores are above all else.
You won’t know where you stand by sitting on here.
This forum just gives you all an outlet to get some stress out, and learn a lot of tips and tricks for OCS
I word stuff poorly at times but I understood what you were saying, and your PFAR of 8 is great and made you stand out and get selected, there are many like you that will have a great chance, and there there are other who have lower scores that happen to have the stars align for them and get picked. Whether a person gets lucky or is just good at the end of the day a selection is a selection.

That is the same essentially "canned" feedback they have given for 20 years and it really doesn't matter, otherwise you would see people with 5's getting picked that have flight experience, but they don't.
I know it isn't all they care about, and they may care about it very little. but I feel like it can give someone with a 6 an edge on someone with a 7. Maybe not that drastic but it's just an example.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Our (@exNavyOffRec and I) backing of the ASTB and Aviation Selection Boards comes from our experience stemming over 15+ years.

Just shy of providing a "cheat code", studying and doing well on the ASTB is the best advice you can get.

Aviation boards want candidates who can show they can "pass" flight school. The ASTB is intended to demonstrate that.

Being a "good guy" (or gal) with a bunch of extracurriculars, sports, etc. is all non-relevant if you can't demonstrate any sort of potential of passing flight school.

Tumbleweed33

Where can you find the selection results for previous boards?

The actual results from the navy do not include what your scores are. They just have a name and date. Your best source of info is the previous board's google sheets. Like the one above.

The actual results from the navy do not include what your scores are. They just have a name and date. Your best source of info is the previous board's google sheets. Like the one above.
He is asking for the official results that the board releases to read the board notes.