• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
What's up May board. So my recruiter texted me saying I got selected for SWO and I would have an OCS date of June 16th. However, I never considered SWO. He just said he submitted my application as a back up plan and I got selected. I only had one shot at the aviation board a year ago and didn't get selected. I never had a true second chance at applying to another aviation board because of miscommunication. My next try would be this one or august I believe. I am not sure what to do. Part me wants to wait for a second shot but I also want to join the Navy already since I am not getting any younger(I am 27) Any input is appreciated and welcomed.
Which board did he submit for for SWO

What's up May board. So my recruiter texted me saying I got selected for SWO and I would have an OCS date of June 16th. However, I never considered SWO. He just said he submitted my application as a back up plan and I got selected. I only had one shot at the aviation board a year ago and didn't get selected. I never had a true second chance at applying to another aviation board because of miscommunication. My next try would be this one or august I believe. I am not sure what to do. Part me wants to wait for a second shot but I also want to join the Navy already since I am not getting any younger(I am 27) Any input is appreciated and welcomed.
What are your astb scores?

Ed014

Which board did he submit for for SWO
Good question. I asked him and he said the most recent one. He was in a rush to get off the phone so that is all I got. I am looking on here to find the thread of the most recent one.

Edit: I just found the thread.

23FEB2022 SWO BOARD​

I was on the at board list.

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
Good question. I asked him and he said the most recent one. He was in a rush to get off the phone so that is all I got. I am looking on here to find the thread of the most recent one.

23FEB2022 SWO BOARD​

ok that makes since now, the recent SWO board, the results haven't been out yet

Tumbleweed33

Unless you can prove that you only wanted pilot, not SWO. (written communication email text etc.) you are kinda locked in. The boards do not look favorably when you turn down a pro rec in another designator. This happens a lot with people getting NFO when they wanted SNA. They view it as you wasted their time and took someone's spot. Getting picked up in your situation after turning one down is very rare. ExNavyOffRec can speak to this more. also this board will be very very tight based on selection numbers. Best of luck

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
also, to answer your question. You stated that you want to join the "Navy" and I'm assuming that was in your statement because its also in your profile. The Navy just gave you that ticket.. I understand Pilot was your first option but taking SWO is not the end of the world, and getting professionally recommended in itself isn't the easiest thing to do.

Wind-Jammer

Did you change anything major with your application?
No, nothing major, just a surgery on the record that got cleared already.
But I do have a drop from OCS which looks unfavorable, however I have letters explaining why I left so hoping they can look past it.

Wind-Jammer

also, to answer your question. You stated that you want to join the "Navy" and I'm assuming that was in your statement because its also in your profile. The Navy just gave you that ticket.. I understand Pilot was your first option but taking SWO is not the end of the world, and getting professionally recommended in itself isn't the easiest thing to do.

Exactly couldn’t agree more of you just want to be in the baby go SWO, as someone that had a ticket and lost it, it’s much harder the second time around.

But if in your gut you want to fly and it wasn’t just about being in the navy. Don’t settle.

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
4 years ago was my first selection ironically enough was may 2018. Went to OCS OCT2018,
had to leave for personal reasons, got a surgery, and here I am hoping for another Pro Rec Y
In your going to have to throughly explain why you left OCS. its a lonnnnnnnnnng process for Enlisted folks who quit in bootcamp to try to join back, and that's a case by case, I can only imagine how much more tedious for future officers who quit and it wasn't medical related.

Shheen

23FEB2022 SWO BOARD​

Not to persuade you one way or another, however as someone who has over 4 years of ship experience with many deployments both on ground and ship. Aviation and SWO are very different life styles, from my understanding it’s common for them to “eat their young”

Dboom85

Banned
I would recommend talking to @Navy21, he was selected for both and was able to sneak into an earlier ocs class with is SWO slot. I’m pretty sure that’s a lottery situation. Also this may board is already closed so if you hadn’t submitted yet you would be rolled to august

Dboom85

Banned
No, nothing major, just a surgery on the record that got cleared already.
But I do have a drop from OCS which looks unfavorable, however I have letters explaining why I left so hoping they can look past it.
Why did you have to drop from OCS? I thought if you drop basic or ocs you couldn’t reapply to the navy at all

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
Why did you have to drop from OCS? I thought if you drop basic or ocs you couldn’t reapply to the navy at all
You can reapply for both however on the enlisted side requires a FULL KIT waiver along with an approved dd214 for example if you couldn't pass the prt or swim test, that must be included in your "why navy" statement and what you've done to improve, not to mention going through MEPS. And applicants going enlisted must pass a prt prior to even signing a new contract. It took a few months the last person I wrote that failed bootcamp. For OCS I'd imagine you have to convince the board members why they should entertain you in the first place because I was told you have two sign a paper at docs that you are basically quitting.