• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

space_sailor

Earlier in this thread there was someone who did fancy math and used some magic to create a prediction based model based on previous pilot applications using data from airwarriors;
it ain't the most robust but from what i read it seems legit. so if you are curious how previous boards were selected* check out the link below

* Edit: again not the most robust - using data that only people on airwarriors have posted not the entire aggregate of everyone who has ever applied to SNA

Dboom85

Banned
Earlier in this thread there was someone who did fancy math and used some magic to create a prediction based model based on previous pilot applications using data from airwarriors;
it ain't the most robust but from what i read it seems legit. so if you are curious how previous boards were selected* check out the link below

* Edit: again not the most robust - using data that only people on airwarriors have posted not the entire aggregate of everyone who has ever applied to SNA

In my opinion it’s not legit if it hasn’t been tested. I.e hasn’t been successful yet in predicting anyone getting accepted or denied yet

Maze_soba

In my opinion it’s not legit if it hasn’t been tested. I.e hasn’t been successful yet in predicting anyone getting accepted or denied yet
Yep - the biggest caveat is that the training data isn't good for the various reasons I wrote originally.
It did do a pretty good job at predicting out of sample data, but again, that's not always the best indication of effectiveness. The biggest takeaways for me from that project were the significance of age, PFAR, and GPA *generally speaking*.

I'll run the current spreadsheet through, and will compare it with the real results once they're out!

Ed014

What's up May board. So my recruiter texted me saying I got selected for SWO and I would have an OCS date of June 16th. However, I never considered SWO. He just said he submitted my application as a back up plan and I got selected. I only had one shot at the aviation board a year ago and didn't get selected. I never had a true second chance at applying to another aviation board because of miscommunication. My next try would be this one or august I believe. I am not sure what to do. Part me wants to wait for a second shot but I also want to join the Navy already since I am not getting any younger(I am 27) Any input is appreciated and welcomed.