• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

exNavyOffRec

What happens to our MEPS documents if we get selected? My MEPS physical is going to expire in June. Will I just have to do the whole thing again after June 2023?

If you’re selected then I don’t think that would matter. Because once you ship you go through the whole process again. But that’s just a personal opinion ??‍♂️

My meps will expire before I get to OCS, and theyre making me retake it. Not sure how it works if you're AD though.
Officer candidates only go through MEPS for the initial physical, they don't have to go through MEPS when they ship.

If they will exceed 2 years then they can get an inspect done, it is quicker than a full physical.

exNavyOffRec

They are selecting for FY 24 and they will ship between July 2023 to June 2024 so I would say a better time frame is 8-20 months, the 18 months - 2 years would be more like FY 25.

Edit: As a reference to show how far ahead the selections are they should normally be selecting for FY 23 for this board.
If what a few of the candidates recruiters is accurate on the May board thread (no more shipping until FY 24 and FY 24 selects pushed to FY25) that could cause a situation for those on this board.

Just be aware and wait and see what happens.

schen0222

If what a few of the candidates recruiters is accurate on the May board thread (no more shipping until FY 24 and FY 24 selects pushed to FY25) that could cause a situation for those on this board.

Just be aware and wait and see what happens.
Yeah I was told the earliest I'd be shipped is probably July 2023, the latest I could be shipped is July-November 2024, not too sure how accurate that is but it's what I was told

GabeNat

I just got a call from my recruiter saying that there’s potential for this October board to be cancelled. Did anybody else get a similar call?

BDavis11

Contributor
I just got a call from my recruiter saying that there’s potential for this October board to be cancelled. Did anybody else get a similar call?
Think it’s too close to the board to do that. Considering it’s a week away and my app just got processed for it confirmed by NRC

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
as has been posted here multiple times it would be very unusual for them to cancel a board this close to it convening but not impossible. There are significant delays down in pensacola that are making the wait longer once we’re selected to get to OCS. I would just wait and see. Nothing we can do at this point if it is actually canceled but it’s unlikely.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

as has been posted here multiple times it would be very unusual for them to cancel a board this close to it convening but not impossible. There are significant delays down in pensacola that are making the wait longer once we’re selected to get to OCS. I would just wait and see. Nothing we can do at this point if it is actually canceled but it’s unlikely.
The delays are one piece, the other is that they already selected so far out, and yet another is that hard goals could potentially come out in the next month, last year one of the things that caused selection issues was hard goals coming out about the same time the board made selections.

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
The delays are one piece, the other is that they already selected so far out, and yet another is that hard goals could potentially come out in the next month, last year one of the things that caused selection issues was hard goals coming out about the same time the board made selections.
would you mind clarifying what you mean by hard goals? just to get a better understanding of the situation.

elariosa95

SNA (NIFE 1)
It's been a few times, but ALWAYS assume the board is happening. If it's been cancelled, your recruiter will let you know.

kgrooney2

I’m not trying to get everyone nervous, but I heard a very credible rumor that the OCT board is happening, but it will be very selective. Specifically, they expect to look at 280 packages and give a pro rec no to 200 of them.

FloridaDad

I’m not trying to get everyone nervous, but I heard a very credible rumor that the OCT board is happening, but it will be very selective. Specifically, they expect to look at 280 packages and give a pro rec no to 200 of them.
Where are you getting that detailed of info? That doesn’t seem like info that would available.

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
Where are you getting that detailed of info? That doesn’t seem like info that would available.
It wouldn’t be unless he knows someone actually on the board lol, so for today the rumor I will spread is that with the downing of the T45s, the navy has decided to entirely get rid of jets in total.