• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

FloridaDad

My recruiter added me to a Groupme chat called “Officer Select Group” and I just about shit myself.

Then I saw the message from my recruiter saying that it’s basically just the same thing as the previous chat for all applicants but different for admin reasons.

Well, looks like I’ll need to apply for an age waiver bc I aged a few years from that
1, Your recruiter has a group chat for you guys? That's awesome!
2, Now why would they do that to you!? lol

elariosa95

SNA (Primary - Pool)
1, Your recruiter has a group chat for you guys? That's awesome!
2, Now why would they do that to you!? lol
Yeah it’s just for everyone working with him to become an officer. It’s just a quick way to send out info we might need and to let us know when the next COP meeting is

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
I vote that we start posting some dank memes. Pls and thank you, cuz yall are being way too professional here lol
Depends on your definition of dank memes. I'd be careful what you post here. Someone you don't want seeing something could see it and very easily figure out who you are.

nefalexa

Depends on your definition of dank memes. I'd be careful what you post here. Someone you don't want seeing something could see it and very easily figure out who you are.
I just meant something similar to what was posted on the previous board thread, about waiting for the results and being impatient, is all.
this is a "WOKE/PC" thread my good sir/ma'am or They/Them or Zhey/Zem
It is ma’am to you sir

elariosa95

SNA (Primary - Pool)
What is a COP meeting?
Commissioning Onboarding Program

Basically, you learn a ton of info about becoming an officer and stuff you’re expected to know before you get to OCS.

One month, the Senior Chief went over the rank structure of the Marine Corps and the Navy and the appropriate greetings and customs. In another meeting, he went over the types of ships and aircraft the Navy operates.

It’s a lot of really useful info, but I think I’m not supposed to be in those meetings bc I haven’t been selected yet ?

Basically, you learn a ton of info about becoming an officer and stuff you’re expected to know before you get to OCS.

One month, the Senior Chief went over the rank structure of the Marine Corps and the Navy and the appropriate greetings and customs. In another meeting, he went over the types of ships and aircraft the Navy operates.

It’s a lot of really useful info, but I think I’m not supposed to be in those meetings bc I haven’t been selected yet ?
Yeah my OR talked to me about this the other week, that I’ll be doing it if selected lol

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant

Lol I was about to say how weird it was he's treating you as a delayed entry person before actually being chosen

elariosa95

SNA (Primary - Pool)
Lol I was about to say how weird it was he's treating you as a delayed entry person before actually being chosen
It didn't occur to me until the second or third meeting that everyone except me was on their way to Newport in the next few months lol

Either way, it was a lot of really useful info, so I'm glad I got exposed to it while I could.