• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

OptionsDollaraire

Wow. So multiple confirms of recruiters saying low low low select rate. Time to study up on the ASTB again. I’ll see some of you next go around ✌️

FloridaDad

The fat lady is warming up but she isn't singing yet, don't give up hope until we see official results. I know things feel really grim and I'm feeling that right along with you :/

Mouselovr

Contributor
most people at Navy OCS will run a 10:30 1.5 which is the same pace as a 21 minute mile.
Ya they say you should got to OCS unless you’re running a 21 min 3 mile
These are both incorrect and nonsense.

There were probably fewer than 20 people who could run a sub 10:30 1.5 in my class and I'm being generous with that estimate. Heck, I don't think most of my class could sustainably run for 21 minutes.

Should you still train for the run? Absolutely. Do you need to shoot for a 10:30 1.5? Absolutely not.

FloridaDad

There were probably fewer than 20 people who could run a sub 10:30 1.5 in my class and I'm being generous with that estimate. Heck, I don't think most of my class could sustainably run for 21 minutes.

Should you still train for the run? Absolutely.
Jogging slowly for 21 minutes isn't that hard is it? I mean I wouldn't do that with any impressive pace at all but I feel like anybody that's just somewhat physically fit could keep their legs moving for half an hour right? (To be clear, if I ran for half an hour it would be slow as heck but I'd keep moving)

Mouselovr

Contributor
Jogging slowly for 21 minutes isn't that hard is it? I mean I wouldn't do that with any impressive pace at all but I feel like anybody that's just somewhat physically fit could keep their legs moving for half an hour right? (To be clear, if I ran for half an hour it would be slow as heck but I'd keep moving)
Not if you're in halfway good shape, no 21 minutes slow jog should not be a problem.

But you'll be surprised by folks. In every class people show up extremely unprepared where they fail and roll for IST or BCA. I'm not talking about they prepped and someone didn't like their form. I'm talking 20+ minutes 1.5 mile or can't do more than a 1 minute plank.

There was someone in my class who went to OCS in 2019, got booted for the IST. Comes back in 2021, fails the initial IST again and then more stuff down the line, so they booted them again.

FloridaDad

Not if you're in halfway good shape, no 21 minutes slow jog should not be a problem.

But you'll be surprised by folks. In every class people show up extremely unprepared where they fail and roll for IST or BCA. I'm not talking about they prepped and someone didn't like their form. I'm talking 20+ minutes 1.5 mile or can't do more than a 1 minute plank.

There was someone in my class who went to OCS in 2019, got booted for the IST. Comes back in 2021, fails the initial IST again and then more stuff down the line, so they booted them again.
I freaking SUCK at planks and feel like I can't move after doing one but I can still hold one for 70 seconds haha. I guess if you never played sports growing up and sit around all day it just does things to your body.

FloridaDad

Wanting to call my recruiter tomorrow morning like:

giphy.gif

BDavis11

Contributor

Should you still train for the run? Absolutely. Do you need to shoot for a 10:30 1.5? Absolutely not.
Navy prt standards DONT even have you running that fast to pass

BDavis11

Contributor
Yes a 10min/mile pace for 20 is def doable. I do it almost every day for 2 miles lol

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y

ROM will weaken you, plan accordingly folks.