• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

BDavis11

Contributor
why lie about a prorec N? are the recruiters just making an educated guess based on the applicants scores to save time?
Exnavy has already stated that the system may be getting updated so recruiters are able to see their guys/guys and giving results based off of that. But the list might not be emailed out yet. No one really knows. I don’t think they are lying about pro-recs there is no gain in that. Best case they are assuming their candidate got a no and are about to surprise them with a yes. Don’t stress too much til we get the word people.

cjh5073

Exnavy has already stated that the system may be getting updated so recruiters are able to see their guys/guys and giving results based off of that. But the list might not be emailed out yet. No one really knows. I don’t think they are lying about pro-recs there is no gain in that. Best case they are assuming their candidate got a no and are about to surprise them with a yes. Don’t stress too much til we get the word people.
Yeah I mean we all just need to take a deep breath.

Clearly we all want to get in, we’ve all worked hard. The results will come when they come.

FlyingGamecock

Application isn’t in for this board but I do plan to apply in May.

If the boards get canceled for next year how many of y’all would wait to apply for SNA? Would you consider switching to another designator?

Good luck to y’all, hopefully it’s more pro-rec Ys than the rumors

tgregory.24

If the boards get canceled for next year how many of y’all would wait to apply for SNA? Would you consider switching to another designator?

I personally plan on solely pursuing SNA until my age becomes an issue (24 now).

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Bad time to try and become a military pilot ?
with the tensions between the U.S. and China as high as they are don’t count on this temporary blockage being the norm for much longer. I think in a year or two it will be back to normal providing there is a low selection rate. We just don’t know though but its a genuine issue for people who are close to aging out. Honestly I’d rather those folks get it first.

FloridaDad

My plan is to pursue every options I can to fly until I age out (I'm 31). I expect that something will work out even if it's just WOFT with the Army. I would highly prefer to be in the Navy though.

BOMR822

pilot
Shady people everywhere. There were people selected for NFO last board that were under the assumption they only applied for SNA. shady recruiters. Who knows !
This actually happened to me almost two years ago. Only applied SNA, got picked up NFO. Recruiter was reluctant, but got me into the next board. Got lucky and picked up SNA take 2. I don't exactly see what the recruiter had to gain for this, so maybe it was a real mistake. Dunno.

exNavyOffRec

as a thought experiment; what are some reasons a recruiter might lie about something like that?
If they didn't submit a person's application on time so it didn't make the board, I know there has been a few times when the recruiter has said they were a "N" and said they would resubmit right away in order to cover their mistake.

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
If they didn't submit a person's application on time so it didn't make the board, I know there has been a few times when the recruiter has said they were a "N" and said they would resubmit right away in order to cover their mistake.
wait didn't someone here say something eerily similar to that not 10 pages ago? That they weren't selected but that it'd be resubmitted automatically or something?

cjh5073

wait didn't someone here say something eerily similar to that not 10 pages ago? That they weren't selected but that it'd be resubmitted automatically or something?
The reality is that it wasn’t submitted, ProRec-N means you would need to get your package resigned.

That’s why you trust no one and follow up incessantly until you see your name on paper. Either way you got in so it’s all good.

Like everyone else I’m sure you have a good shot. Everyone’s scores are pretty similar so it will probably come down to the small difference makers, LORs, and the other finer details.

Either way - our fates are sealed. All we have to do is just wait calmly. Unless it’s on paper - anything said here is unverifiable and possibly BS (not to sound harsh).

Believe me - I want a ProRec-Y and to know where my life is headed, either way. It sucks we have to wait like this.

Just hope we can get some answers soon.