• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Off to NAMI now! Looking into the Marine route. At least you go to NAMI first and know you’re qualified before you signed the dotted line!

BDavis11

Contributor
That’s why I’m beyond confused
This is the direct quote from the ISPP instruction:

Given the demonstrated propensity to serve, successful completion of an undergraduate degree and a Navy enlisted training pipeline, as well as CO and first Flag Officer backing, URLO ISPP selection panels shall normally select all qualified candidates, giving them priority over other applicants seeking a commission via the URL PROREC process. If the URLO ISPP selection panel finds that it is quota limited, BUPERS-3 shall communicate directly with OPNAV N-13, in situ, to request additional quotas. N-13 will normally grant additional quotas.

Austinson

SNA Selected 08 Sept. - 3rd Submission
Off to NAMI now! Looking into the Marine route. At least you go to NAMI first and know you’re qualified before you signed the dotted line!
I was at NAMI three months ago. Just a heads up, the paper the Marine recruiter will give you says to bring fancy clothes and whatnot: I wore PT gear (shorts, running shoes, and a regular shirt) the entire time. They used to do a nice dinner or something but it hasn't been done in forever. Bring a set of nice clothes but don't be surprised if you don't unpack them.

exNavyOffRec

I’ll ask again lol. Do ISPP slots take away from total number of slots? ie 12 total slots this year, 12 ispp so civilians get nothing?
The answer is yes, in the PA they are given priority over others that apply. If there are more ISPP than available quotas they are supposed to ask if they can get more, probably those are from future boards.

exNavyOffRec

To quell everyone's hot heads at the moment:

Per the program authorization, ISPP is completely separate of any civilian slots. The program is designed to accept any AD applicant that is fully qualified. If there are more slots needed for ISPP specifically, CNRC requests the additional quotas for ISPP only.

Short answer - ISPP slots do not affect civilian slots.
Pretty sure this was covered by a person that wrote the PA and that is not the case. They are given priority but not a separate pool.

exNavyOffRec

the numbers on the dashboard reflect NRC goals, ISPP applicants are active duty so they do not count since they are already in the Navy. All the numbers posted here I've found to be BS so it's best not to worry or even consider these numbers. The may board I was on was expecting 50 selects in their forum but NRC selected 3xs that
no the dashboard is all available spots they reflect AD, reserve, and civilian.

BB Poison

Contributor
Congrats to the lucky few of you who were selected, and F for the ones who didn’t get picked up. Your time will come.

We have a GroupMe for pro-rec Y SNAs waiting to ship, shoot me a message for an invite.

kathelim

Seeking mentorship from an AD who is as Pro Rec Y and not ISPP. I can’t apply for it because I am TAR. Thank you!

BDavis11

Contributor
The answer is yes, in the PA they are given priority over others that apply. If there are more ISPP than available quotas they are supposed to ask if they can get more, probably those are from future boards.
I must be a unicorn to this ??‍♂️