• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

BDavis11

Contributor
There are no more slots to give for SNA on the May Board based on the dashboard. It’s been highlighted red, which means rolling over to the next fiscal year (July) which may also mean the August or Oct board of 2023.
This is interesting because the board schedule on the drive shows the July board still selecting for FY23.

EDIT**
NVM. The dashboard clearly states the JUL board is selecting for FY24

BDavis11

Contributor
so I should wait till my birthday board and not do SWO? Man, I hope it’s not as low select as this one haha.
It would be the first board selecting for Pilot so I would imagine that would be the best chance. If you really want pilot, I would wait if you can. If you just want to be an officer, then I would say go for SWO.

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
It would be the first board selecting for Pilot so I would imagine that would be the best chance. If you really want pilot, I would wait if you can. If you just want to be an officer, then I would say go for SWO.
I have wanted to be a military pilot all my life that is all I want to do and all I will ever want to do.

JpQuist

Would it be wise to retest and reapply for this next potentially May board or would it be best to to wait and reapply on the board following the next board in the event that the selection rate is still super low. I have one last attempt at the ASTB which I could use to get me on the this next board but would the wait be longer to not get selected in May and have to wait 6 months to reapply or just not apply for the May board and try to make it on the one after that.

BDavis11

Contributor
I have wanted to be a military pilot all my life that is all I want to do and all I will ever want to do.
I would assume you have found your answer then lol. Long wait until next summer but you won't be alone. Package is due a day before my bday. Here's to waiting (again). I promise you the waiting aspect never ends.

JpQuist

I believe you might have answered my question. I was typing the question while you posted this

exNavyOffRec

It doesn't work like that for Officer recruiting, NRC always over-selects to get a jump on the next FY, roughly OCS shipping goal x 1.5 gives NRC selection goal. They have already been filling FY24 due to continuing to hold aviation boards even when they were off the normal cycle. In a normal situation those being selected on this board would be leaving for OCS in March/April.

The way NRC does it there is no advantage as to when a person applies, of course with how many have been selected in the past there is a disadvantage right now until they get back on track.

exNavyOffRec

Not to kill spirits but keep everyone informed N3 also posted a new dashboard on the sharepoint today showing Pilot as closed "Designator/board is closed. Applicants will be pushed to next FY." There is also a note listed next to Pilot and NFO "JUL23 Board for FY24 quotas."
That is a note they put that was not needed, a board in July 2023 has no option but to be for FY24 as it would be impossible for a person selected by a board in July 2023 to be commissioned in FY23. In reality any board from late May on would be quite difficult to get to OCS and graduate in FY23