• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

FloridaDad

Turning 32 in May, I just don’t see this problem getting fixed fast enough for me even with an age waiver. I’m devastated that the extra long delay by MEPS to process a single piece of paper probably made miss the boat entirely on this opportunity. Trying to process how to move forward and take care of my family here.

JakobLS

Turning 32 in May, I just don’t see this problem getting fixed fast enough for me even with an age waiver. I’m devastated that the extra long delay by MEPS to process a single piece of paper probably made miss the boat entirely on this opportunity. Trying to process how to move forward and take care of my family here.
I feel you boss. I applied for pilot but am shooting for swo. My package was held up for several months due to needing an age waiver which my recruiter thought I didn't need since I'm prior. Don't know my results yet.
But I did find out my wife may be pregnant this morning so that's pretty neat so this would make 3. She's going to get blood work done today to confirm since her command holiday party is today and she was hoping to drink.
If you are ever in the jax area let me know and we can grab a beer.
Best of luck.

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
may board would’ve been better haha but man stay strong.

OptionsDollaraire

I’m sorry man shit can be so unfair sometimes. Especially with timing. Did you have any back up plans with other services or other jobs in the military?

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
The lack of selections isn't due to the pipeline issues, it is due to the goal changes last year with the over-selections that happened at the same time, then compounded by NRC not making immediate adjustments like they have in the past.

Not to say you’re wrong but I know numerous pilots in the fleet. Some who just graduated. They all have said it is a pipeline issue.

1) COVID happened, students piled up while everything was temporarily paused.

2) T-45 being grounded every other week. As of 1.5 months ago the T-45 (Jet Strike Trainer) has been grounded and there is no foreseeable timeline when the issue will be solved. So every Jet Strike student has no airplane right now because of the T-45 grounded.

3) Students are not getting through the syllabus fast enough. Not enough instructor pilots right now to help out with that. In result students are going through the pipeline slower.

Just relaying what I have been told by US Navy pilots themselves, and also people currently in the pipeline. So I do think based on what I’ve been told by SNAs currently in NIFE, NAs in the fleet, that we can’t say it is not a pipeline issues.

ExNavyOffRec, Much Love! Just telling you what I’ve been told!

Would like only those who have retaken to answer this please. So those of you who have retaken the ASTB, what did you focus on most to increase your PFAR. I went in blind for a 7/8/7 on my first attempt and with how this board went it seems a 9 may be needed…I feel I can get that, but would love to hear any feedback from those of you who have retaken before.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Would like only those who have retaken to answer this please. So those of you who have retaken the ASTB, what did you focus on most to increase your PFAR. I went in blind for a 7/8/7 on my first attempt and with how this board went it seems a 9 may be needed…I feel I can get that, but would love to hear any feedback from those of you who have retaken before.

7/8/7 on a normal board is almost a guaranteed select. If you have a good GPA and clean record. I would not jeopardize those scores…

FloridaDad

I’m sorry man shit can be so unfair sometimes. Especially with timing. Did you have any back up plans with other services or other jobs in the military?
My backup plan at this point would be to try for NFO or to try for WOFT with the Army. I'm having a really hard time letting go of flying for the Navy, but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. I'm going to move forward with those plans, but I'm desperately grasping for some way to fly Navy.

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
just to ask one more time but I have 61 7/7/5 and a 3.00… second take should I do a third go if it means getting 9s or 8s? the July board would be only 60 selects(of fewer) correct?