• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

My backup plan at this point would be to try for NFO or to try for WOFT with the Army. I'm having a really hard time letting go of flying for the Navy, but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. I'm going to move forward with those plans, but I'm desperately grasping for some way to fly Navy.
Hey man! If your goal is family being taken care of definitely apply nfo or for WOFT (which is a great opportunity too). As a WOFT, you will fly a lot more and don't have to worry about the ground jobs navy pilots have (or so I've heard).

The2ndworst

Would like only those who have retaken to answer this please. So those of you who have retaken the ASTB, what did you focus on most to increase your PFAR. I went in blind for a 7/8/7 on my first attempt and with how this board went it seems a 9 may be needed…I feel I can get that, but would love to hear any feedback from those of you who have retaken before.
You scored higher than me both times, so not sure how useful my advice is, however I increased my PFAR 3 points on my second attempt. I bought the exact model of throttle at the recruiters officer and just trained a lot with it. Not sure id jeopardize the scores, unless you know for certain you can increase.

exNavyOffRec

Not to say you’re wrong but I know numerous pilots in the fleet. Some who just graduated. They all have said it is a pipeline issue.

1) COVID happened, students piled up while everything was temporarily paused.

2) T-45 being grounded every other week. As of 1.5 months ago the T-45 (Jet Strike Trainer) has been grounded and there is no foreseeable timeline when the issue will be solved. So every Jet Strike student has no airplane right now because of the T-45 grounded.

3) Students are not getting through the syllabus fast enough. Not enough instructor pilots right now to help out with that. In result students are going through the pipeline slower.

Just relaying what I have been told by US Navy pilots themselves, and also people currently in the pipeline. So I do think based on what I’ve been told by SNAs currently in NIFE, NAs in the fleet, that we can’t say it is not a pipeline issues.

ExNavyOffRec, Much Love! Just telling you what I’ve been told!
Again pipeline issues are one thing, selection are another.

The numbers don't lie, they still sent and are sending those to OCS for SNA, and they have a lot waiting, the numbers for the FY are lower than what they were a few years ago but they still kept selecting even though they knew the numbers weren't there to support it.

To give you an idea of where we should be, at this point in the year they should have just hit about 50% to 75% for FY23 selections and they have them stacked up for FY24.

Those you are talking about are seeing what is affecting them, but they haven't dealt with accessions, 2 vastly different things.

This also happened with nukes 14 years ago and the same things were said because they were stacked up in the pipeline, just like this they just held off sending them to boot camp and OCS to allow for things to calm down, when it opened up they had nearly entire classes of nukes at OCS and boot camp.

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y

The numbers don't lie, they still sent and are sending those to OCS for SNA, and they have a lot waiting, the numbers for the FY are lower than what they were a few years ago but they still kept selecting even though they knew the numbers weren't there to support it.

To give you an idea of where we should be, at this point in the year they should have just hit about 50% to 75% for FY23 selections and they have them stacked up for FY24.

Those you are talking about are seeing what is affecting them, but they haven't dealt with accessions, 2 vastly different things.

This also happened with nukes 14 years ago and the same things were said because they were stacked up in the pipeline, just like this they just held off sending them to boot camp and OCS to allow for things to calm down, when it opened up they had nearly entire classes of nukes at OCS and boot camp.
so with things the way the are do people with scores that would otherwise be selects in normal years just have no more shot for the next 2-3 years?

OptionsDollaraire

How long did they have to hold off on boards until regular selection rates came back?

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
Got a question for the other BDCP applicants. Did any of you get it? Or did your recruiter tell you what mine told me i.e. they weren't even considering BDCP this board. My package completely just got pushed to next board.

68Chev

To anyone that finds this interesting, I've compiled a list of all SNA's on the spreadsheet that got selected that were non AD.
It might help some to make comparisons to their own stats.

Looks like a contributing factor could be flight experience. Possibly.

Attachments

• SELECTED SNA'S.jpg
    SELECTED SNA'S.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 158
To anyone that finds this interesting, I've compiled a list of all SNA's on the spreadsheet that got selected that were non AD.
Pretty much what my OR told me. 9s or high PFARs combined with a high GPA in a tough tech degree. It makes sense

justin2023

Got a question for the other BDCP applicants. Did any of you get it? Or did your recruiter tell you what mine told me i.e. they weren't even considering BDCP this board. My package completely just got pushed to next board.
I did not get it and it seems others on the spreadsheet didn’t get it as well. @68Chev did you ever find out if you got an answer?

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant

Looks like a contributing factor could be flight experience. Possibly.
I love how its all engineers and one music major. What a drastic swing ? (no offense to the music major congrats bro)