• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Mightymoxie

K
Pro-Rec N. Haven’t gotten a call from my recruiter but I saw my name of the list for no
Hi, last few days lurker. I haven’t heard anything from anyone to the status of my package. If you have the list, could you possibly look for my name? Or send me a screenshot of the list? I really don’t want to go into the weekend not knowing. I’ve already figured it’s a pro-rec no, but I don’t know for sure.

exNavyOffRec

so with things the way the are do people with scores that would otherwise be selects in normal years just have no more shot for the next 2-3 years?
I would say it is wait and see, be patient, if the goals go up so will selections, but there are several factors that go into goals going up or down.
How long did they have to hold off on boards until regular selection rates came back?
It was about 9 months

exNavyOffRec

To anyone that finds this interesting, I've compiled a list of all SNA's on the spreadsheet that got selected that were non AD.
It might help some to make comparisons to their own stats.

Looks like a contributing factor could be flight experience. Possibly.
In general I found those with flight experience would tend to do better on the ASTB, also those in tech degrees. I had those with flight experience that did get 7 or less on PFAR and most were not accepted.

FWIW I don't think any of those I sent as SNA's with tech degrees dropped from the pipeline.

FloridaDad

I would say it is wait and see, be patient, if the goals go up so will selections, but there are several factors that go into goals going up or down.

It was about 9 months
So I'm looking at a number of options, but be honest with me with your opinion on this. I turn 32 in May, this was my last board before needing an age waiver (would've needed one anyways). Is there any hope for me if things normalize with an age waiver as a 32 year old, or should I just move on completely and try for WOFT with the army instead.

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
In general I found those with flight experience would tend to do better on the ASTB, also those in tech degrees. I had those with flight experience that did get 7 or less on PFAR and most were not accepted.

FWIW I don't think any of those I sent as SNA's with tech degrees dropped from the pipeline.
I have 7/7/5 as my score if those are bad now I’m guessing I should retest.

OptionsDollaraire

So I'm looking at a number of options, but be honest with me with your opinion on this. I turn 32 in May, this was my last board before needing an age waiver (would've needed one anyways). Is there any hope for me if things normalize with an age waiver as a 32 year old, or should I just move on completely and try for WOFT with the army instead.
Not sure what your goals are but for consideration - air national guard units that fly heavy aircraft are notorious for accepting age waivers, I’ve heard up to 37 years of age. Of course you would probably have to have a PPL but just wanted to throw that out there.