• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Mightymoxie

What does the NTAG number mean? Is that just the ‘navy talent acquisition group’ or does it maybe have some other association that can indicate… anything?

cjh5073

I mean I got the Y and I am 34, and this board was complete murder.

I also have no practical flight experience.

I would say go for it.
And honestly, to expand on this....

The moment I got to my command, I had people basically tell me I was nuts applying for SNA/SNFO. "Im too old," "you have no chance," blah blah blah.

Then I get on here and "ex recruiters" say that only scores matter, LORs dont matter, blah blah blah.

Its all crap.

Don't take no for an answer and keep trying. Its been a long road to get here for me and I still have a super long way to go. Just dont let people tell you no, and dont doubt your own abilities.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

The moment I got to my command, I had people basically tell me I was nuts applying for SNA/SNFO. "Im too old," "you have no chance," blah blah blah.

Then I get on here and "ex recruiters" say that only scores matter, LORs dont matter, blah blah blah.

Its all crap.

Don't take no for an answer and keep trying. Its been a long road to get here for me and I still have a super long way to go. Just dont let people tell you no, and dont doubt your own abilities.

You’re trying to make an apples to oranges case with applying with an approved age waiver due to prior enlisted service versus someone off the streets.

cjh5073

You’re trying to make an apples to oranges case with applying with an approved age waiver due to prior enlisted service versus someone off the streets.
I would like to respond to this, but its simply not worth it. Was merely trying to be uplifting.

Thank you for providing great information to everyone asking questions and your responses, and appreciate your time on here.

Im going to look forward to OCS now.

Orangecat15

I would like to respond to this, but its simply not worth it. Was merely trying to be uplifting.

Thank you for providing great information to everyone asking questions and your responses, and appreciate your time on here.

Im going to look forward to OCS now.
I got a Pro-Rec No but I’m also 33 and got an age waiver in writing. I had the same thing happen to me. So many people said no. Navy will accept waivers for a lot of things. I say go for it, the only worst thing they can say is no. I’m pretty sure I didn’t get selected was for my ASTB scores and already being 3 years as enlisted and an AD2. Congratulations btw!!

dh0518

Hey everyone is it possible for someone to message me the list? i have some issues logging into my BOL I would appreciate anyone who can help me out. Thank you

exNavyOffRec

I got a Pro-Rec No but I’m also 33 and got an age waiver in writing. I had the same thing happen to me. So many people said no. Navy will accept waivers for a lot of things. I say go for it, the only worst thing they can say is no. I’m pretty sure I didn’t get selected was for my ASTB scores and already being 3 years as enlisted and an AD2. Congratulations btw!!
Remember that waivers just get you to the board, the board can still look and say no due to the waiver reason

exNavyOffRec

Its all crap.

Well, years of data would show that scores are weighted the most, there will always be an outlier here and there.

exNavyOffRec

So I'm looking at a number of options, but be honest with me with your opinion on this. I turn 32 in May, this was my last board before needing an age waiver (would've needed one anyways). Is there any hope for me if things normalize with an age waiver as a 32 year old, or should I just move on completely and try for WOFT with the army instead.
There is nothing wrong with checking out the WOFT to see if it would be for you.