• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

jbfalcon2000

SNA Board Applicant
Someone listed me Pro Rec N on the spreadsheet but I haven't even heard My own results yet??

Called my recruiter and he is checking. Anyone have any idea how this happened?

mcwisconsin

does anyone know when the next marine board is?
I thought you were already talking to an OSO? I found out that the next board is in March (forgot the specific date). This info is from reddit, but apparently the select rate for USMC pilots on the last board was 9% for the West region. I'm guessing it's pretty similar for East.
I'm also considering talking to an OSO, but it's a little discouraging knowing how competitive it is. I'm definitely more interested in the Navy.

edit: from what I understand, USMC pilot selection rates have been competitive recently. This previous USMC November OCC aviation board isn't much of a slaughter/surprise compared to this board.

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
I thought you were already talking to an OSO? I found out that the next board is in March (forgot the specific date). This info is from reddit, but apparently the select rate for USMC pilots on the last board was 9% for the West region. I'm guessing it's pretty similar for East.
I'm also considering talking to an OSO, but it's a little discouraging knowing how competitive it is. I'm definitely more interested in the Navy.

edit: from what I understand, USMC pilot selection rates have been competitive recently. This previous USMC November OCC aviation board isn't much of a slaughter/surprise compared to this board.
I am but he’s not getting back to me which is concerning. I’m gonna try to keep reaching out.

For those who are considering the marine option. That was my primary route for the last two years. They are having historically lower selection rates for aviation compared to the navy. This is why is switched to the navy option. I got as far as going to NAMI with the Marine Corps last summer and was even fully qualified. I’ve seen it mentioned here but you’ll need to have close to a 300 PFT to even be remotely competitive as well as a somewhat decent ASTB. You’ll also be required to do a PFT every month as well as attend a pool function. It’s a bigger commitment. My last PFT before the board was 295 and I wasent selected. From what my OSO told me only 6 where selected out of the entire nation.