• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

FF553

Hey all. I didn't get selected this round either. Did anyone also apply to the Air Force rated board that just happened?

BDavis11

Contributor
You got this man. Study everyday hit the math hard and study above the basic algebra you see in the guides. Study material needed for private pilot. PHAK is your best bet or a ground school. Jantzen sim, and astb prep app (only for the UAV test) . Every single day, and at night before bed. You'll get 8 and 9s if you do this every day.
Thanks for the advice!

exNavyOffRec

Can one of you tell me which one is correct here?

The experts are contradicting themselves.
I had a CEC candidate with a glowing CEC 3 star endorsement who was turned down who had a sub 3.0 score and no EIT. Those 2 negatives items were too much to overcome.

I have had SNA applicants with flag write ups that have 5 and 6 PFAR that were never selected, while I had others with write ups from CDR's and CAPT's that were accepted but they had 7-9 on the PFAR, the 7's may have been selected anyway because 7's on those board were a 50/50 shot where the 8's and 9's were all picked up.

To me if a flag endorsement really had pull some of the 5's and 6's would have been selected, the ones that had 7's I felt had good degrees and GPA's as well, so did the write up from the CDR's and CAPT's help? The stats don't say one way or another.

Now if you are talking about SWO, IWC, Supply, etc..... then yes a CDR and above can have a positive effect.

If I was asked in general my answer would be the same as @FormerRecruitingGuru and that could be how he was answering, but if asked specifically about individual designators my answer would be tailored to the designator.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Looking at your post history and now, I’m not saying impossible but very difficult to get a PROREC when you’re four years outside of age limits and usually the age waivers go for prior service and enlisted personnel.

It doesn’t help how backed flight school is these days.

CWFM713

Looking at your post history and now, I’m not saying impossible but very difficult to get a PROREC when you’re four years outside of age limits and usually the age waivers go for prior service and enlisted personnel.

It doesn’t help how backed flight school is these days.
This was my third board, so it seems like you’re spot on.

But like @exNavyOffRec has shared in the past, age waivers are basically rubber-stamped nowadays. Doesn’t mean any board has ever even seen my package.

I’m down for impossible though. As Hova said, “Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.”

July is just a bit more than a week away.

So biding my time eagerly watching for any expert insight you and @exNavyOffRec drop to see what hope may be out there for me. Emphasis on may.

exNavyOffRec

This was my third board, so it seems like you’re spot on.

But like @exNavyOffRec has shared in the past, age waivers are basically rubber-stamped nowadays. Doesn’t mean any board has ever even seen my package.

I’m down for impossible though. As Hova said, “Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.”

July is just a bit more than a week away.

So biding my time eagerly watching for any expert insight you and @exNavyOffRec drop to see what hope may be out there for me. Emphasis on may.
Your third board? I was thinking it was your first which was the reason for "give it a shot". If you have been to 3 boards already with a 9 I don't know if there is anything else you can do or if you go for another board if the result would be different.

Have the 3 boards all been with a PFAR or 9?