• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Does anyone know the FY24 select goals yet? I know with the SNAs getting put into FY24 that would definitely have an impact on the amount they take for FY24. Just curious to how many people are in that.

exNavyOffRec

Does anyone know the FY24 select goals yet? I know with the SNAs getting put into FY24 that would definitely have an impact on the amount they take for FY24. Just curious to how many people are in that.
Once FY23 hard goals are known that will give an indication of FY24 goals, but the FY24 hard goals won't come out until roughly Nov 2023 to Jan 2024

LGuapo

Is it possible for someone to DM me the results? I was away this weekend during all the madness and I doubt my recruiter will respond on his day off. Dying of anticipation here.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
This was my third board, so it seems like you’re spot on.

But like @exNavyOffRec has shared in the past, age waivers are basically rubber-stamped nowadays. Doesn’t mean any board has ever even seen my package.

I’m down for impossible though. As Hova said, “Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.”

July is just a bit more than a week away.

So biding my time eagerly watching for any expert insight you and @exNavyOffRec drop to see what hope may be out there for me. Emphasis on may.

There's really not much you can do. You also have to bear in mind, from a community management perspective - the oldest you can serve is up to 62 years old... it's set in law. Taking your current age, adding a year during the recruitment and OCS process... the most you can serve is about 24-ish years of commissioned service (YCS) before being force-retired. That can hurt the aviation community, who really wants officers to have the opportunity to serve up to 30 YCS to give them the opportunity to serve in command (O-5) and ultimately major command (O-6).

I've seen a few age waivers that ended up in PROREC here, one was for someone who just missed the 32 year cut off by a few months, and two others who were 34. All of those mentioned were active duty enlisted.

I would suggest considering other military branches, say the National/Air Guard to see if there are military aviation opportunities elsewhere.

LGuapo

Did you get the results ?
I was a non-select-- unsurprising considering the overall results. I turn 32 in October so it looks like that's it for me! Good luck to the rest of you going for your 2nd/3rd try. You'll all be better for it, regardless of the results.

CWFM713

Your third board? I was thinking it was your first which was the reason for "give it a shot". If you have been to 3 boards already with a 9 I don't know if there is anything else you can do or if you go for another board if the result would be different.

Have the 3 boards all been with a PFAR or 9?
No DNR yet, so that tells me to keeping shooting my shot.

And yes on all three with a 9 PFAR. That was my first attempt.

CWFM713

There's really not much you can do. You also have to bear in mind, from a community management perspective - the oldest you can serve is up to 62 years old... it's set in law. Taking your current age, adding a year during the recruitment and OCS process... the most you can serve is about 24-ish years of commissioned service (YCS) before being force-retired. That can hurt the aviation community, who really wants officers to have the opportunity to serve up to 30 YCS to give them the opportunity to serve in command (O-5) and ultimately major command (O-6).

I've seen a few age waivers that ended up in PROREC here, one was for someone who just missed the 32 year cut off by a few months, and two others who were 34. All of those mentioned were active duty enlisted.

I would suggest considering other military branches, say the National/Air Guard to see if there are military aviation opportunities elsewhere.
Greatly appreciate the added context all around. It’s definitely been a whirling dervish of thoughts over these past few boards on what else I could possibly do to improve my lot.

Picked up my instrument after the first board was a N, then got a couple of semesters on my masters done before this board plus finished in the top 5% of the Marine Corps Marathon. Really just giving it all the juice I can.

I saw a 37-year old SNFO get picked up a few boards ago, so that’s giving me some hope as I draw closer to that mark.

As for other branches, I’ve got some wonderful mentors guiding me to ANG if this doesn’t work out, but I think I want to serve in the Navy more than I want to fly. I don’t know, but I think.

Still battling with this binary after the call from my recruiter on Thursday with the news. In either case, I sure as heck don’t have the luxury of time to work with. So trying to play my next move as best I can. Knowing it’d be July at the earliest.

BDavis11

Contributor
Your third board? I was thinking it was your first which was the reason for "give it a shot". If you have been to 3 boards already with a 9 I don't know if there is anything else you can do or if you go for another board if the result would be different.

Have the 3 boards all been with a PFAR or 9?
In your professional experience, would ISPP still be able to apply for pilot even though it is closed on the next board? Would that fall under the "ask for a quota" section of the Authorization? Just asking to educate myself and others.