• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

FlyingGamecock

Got a source? An updated ASTB would be a huge deal.
On the 1000 ASTB questions post, post #7,436 is the first datapoint I’ve seen on the new test. As well as the link I attached above explains the reasoning behind it. They want to make the UAV portion of the test harder, so people cannot memorize the answer combinations as easily.

justin2023

Hey everyone, important question for the people that have taken the ASTB very recently.

Was the UAV portion of the test done with 30 degree increments and a drop down answer of the correct heading of the ship? (As shown in the picture or via this article on the third page: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1071181319631451 )

I am looking for confirmation on this so TwoScoops can make a new version of the UAV simulator for his ASTB app.
I took the ASTB today and it seems this is true with the 30-degree increments. Didn't really affect me though as I only missed one and averaged about 2.5 seconds. If you use the compass trick it still works just gotta be more accurate when moving it around. I attached my compass to a pencil and rotated it and that worked just fine.

I took it for the first time back in May and that seemed to be the only difference from then

BDavis11

Contributor
I've heard differently on this forum.

I can try to find who said it but apparently if there are major changes to the ASTB, applicants need to retake to make it fair to everyone on the board.

Is that incorrect?
I wouldn’t consider that portion to be a “major change” but I also don’t make the test lol ??‍♂️…and to retake the oar portion just because of that is nuts

FlyingGamecock

I took the ASTB today and it seems this is true with the 30-degree increments. Didn't really affect me though as I only missed one and averaged about 2.5 seconds. If you use the compass trick it still works just gotta be more accurate when moving it around. I attached my compass to a pencil and rotated it and that worked just fine.

I took it for the first time back in May and that seemed to be the only difference from then
So it had a drop down menu of headings instead of pick one of the four buildings?

Also thanks for the confirmation!

OptionsDollaraire

Yeah I took the ASTB August 4th and there were more directions than on the flash cards but I didn’t see a boat or drop down menu. The other directions were in between the in betweens of the diagonal directions. If that makes sense

WorldWar33.3

One way or another with the last one being cancelled this is gonna be a crazy amount of applicants.
You might be right.
Nov21 was a regular board and it had over 300 applicants.
Jan22 board was canceled.
So May22 board had applicants who wanted to apply to Jan22... and around 250 applied.

No way to tell until we see the At-Board list.

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
You might be right.
Nov21 was a regular board and it had over 300 applicants.
Jan22 board was canceled.
So May22 board had applicants who wanted to apply to Jan22... and around 250 applied.

No way to tell until we see the At-Board list.
I know myself personally I gotta get a medical waiver as of yesterday from MEPS and I'm having a real tough time figuring out who to ask for LOR's for some reason. Also gotta get my score up so good chance I don't make this one which would suck. I want BDCP so bad ?

WorldWar33.3

I know myself personally I gotta get a medical waiver as of yesterday from MEPS and I'm having a real tough time figuring out who to ask for LOR's for some reason. Also gotta get my score up so good chance I don't make this one which would suck. I want BDCP so bad ?
You have a lot going on! I don't know how BDCP does things, but I'm sure you can get LORs from some of your leaders from the fleet or professors. You might be good with those scores as a prior, but better scores wouldn't hurt.