• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FREE ASTB Simulator Program (For the Performance Based Measures section)

khangnguyen

I have read an instruction online for the throttle and stick section that says the movement of the target sign on the screen will be the same as the movement of the throttle and stick, not inverted like this simulator. also, an youtube video says that it will be inverted both x and y axis while the simulator only inverted on y axis. can someone who took the test in 2024 confirm this information for me please?

khangnguyen

Anyone has problem to open the simulation, I am only able to play the tracking section. i could not move to next section by clicking space bar. I have to turn of the tab and open it again every time the game over. can someone help me please?

melonfelon

Hello Everyone!

A buddy of mine and I realized there was no real way to train for the "throttle and stick" portion of the ASTB, so we decided to change that.

I'm a computer science major at USNA and I felt like I should use what I know for something useful, so I made a trainer anyone can use, no downloads required.

The trainer includes:
  • Throttle and Stick training - an almost exact, if not better, replica of that portion of the ASTB. This is done using the keyboard and mouse, so it's not a direct simulation, but your muscle memory and hand eye coordination from the training will improve and reflect on the test. We are working to support joysticks in a later version.
  • Audio cue training - learn how to react to specific sound cues in each ear, much like during the test.
  • Dynamic settings - change the speed of the targets, game time, and more with our settings menu.
  • Score report - a numerical value that represents your average distance from the targets, as well as a report of how many audio cues you reacted to correctly.
  • An instrumental version of the Top Gun soundtrack
Try it for yourself!

Any feedback is appreciated, let me know what you think! Enjoy!
I know this is a dumb question, but Im using this with a HOTAS setup at home and want to make sure im setup properly. If I pull the stick back, the cross hair should go up right? And for the throttle, pushing it forward should cause throttle crosshair to go up?

mmandziak

I know this is a dumb question, but Im using this with a HOTAS setup at home and want to make sure im setup properly. If I pull the stick back, the cross hair should go up right? And for the throttle, pushing it forward should cause throttle crosshair to go up?
You are correct.

mmandziak

So i just realized in my message i said both directions on the stick should go up, so let me try again. Pushing the stick forward means cross hairs go down. Pulling stick back means cross hairs go up. Is that right?
Push Stick Forward - Crosshair Down
Pull Stick Backward - Crosshair Up
Push Stick Left - Crosshair Left
Push Stick Right - Crosshair Right

Push Throttle Forward - Crosshair Up
Pull Throttle Backward - Crosshair Down

melonfelon

Thank you!
So i just realized in my message i said both directions on the stick should go up, so let me try again. Pushing the stick forward means cross hairs go down. Pulling stick back means cross hairs go up. Is that right?
Push Stick Forward - Crosshair Down
Pull Stick Backward - Crosshair Up
Push Stick Left - Crosshair Left
Push Stick Right - Crosshair Right

Push Throttle Forward - Crosshair Up
Pull Throttle Backward - Crosshair Down
thank you!!

khangnguyen

can someone explain how to work with the emergencies. I could not find the instruction for it so i have no idea what to do when i hear it.

I bought an x52, downloaded the AntiMicroX and input MotorCookie's zip file for settings. When using it on the Jantezn sim, the throttle will move in intervals and it isn't very sensitive/doesn't make fast minor adjustments. (It's as if once past the dead zone, the throttle is holding down w and jumps a large space before being put back to neutral. It kinda just jumps around even while I'm attempting to minorly change it's position.). Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for any help!

Emorg

Does anyone know of a way to use a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro with Jantzen on Windows 11? If not, are there any other programs/games compatible with WIN11 and an extreme 3D Pro?

chonnydesu

So for the audio queues portion, are we only supposed to listen for odds/evens for the specific ear indicated? (Left/Right)?

Would we get point deductions for pressing the buttons for the wrong ear? I'm not sure if this part is graded on accuracy (only hitting the correct queues) or just making sure you get them all (including the wrong ones)?

mmandziak

So for the audio queues portion, are we only supposed to listen for odds/evens for the specific ear indicated? (Left/Right)?

Would we get point deductions for pressing the buttons for the wrong ear? I'm not sure if this part is graded on accuracy (only hitting the correct queues) or just making sure you get them all (including the wrong ones)?
Accuracy. Don’t press the wrong ears.

Jowen872

Is there a current version of the practice joystick and throttle game. Nothing comes up when I click that link. Also looking for something that would work with my HOTAS on PC.