• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FREE ASTB Simulator Program (For the Performance Based Measures section)

rybs

Is there a current version of the practice joystick and throttle game. Nothing comes up when I click that link. Also looking for something that would work with my HOTAS on PC.
Most current version of the joystick and throttle practice game:
https://jomo1-1.github.io/ASTB-remade/

Use antimicro to use HOTAS on pc, click here for tutorial video. Download link for antimicro is in the video description.

I can't get the link to work for me? It just takes me to a white screen that says loading...
Hello Everyone!

A buddy of mine and I realized there was no real way to train for the "throttle and stick" portion of the ASTB, so we decided to change that.

I'm a computer science major at USNA and I felt like I should use what I know for something useful, so I made a trainer anyone can use, no downloads required.

The trainer includes:
  • Throttle and Stick training - an almost exact, if not better, replica of that portion of the ASTB. This is done using the keyboard and mouse, so it's not a direct simulation, but your muscle memory and hand eye coordination from the training will improve and reflect on the test. We are working to support joysticks in a later version.
  • Audio cue training - learn how to react to specific sound cues in each ear, much like during the test.
  • Dynamic settings - change the speed of the targets, game time, and more with our settings menu.
  • Score report - a numerical value that represents your average distance from the targets, as well as a report of how many audio cues you reacted to correctly.
  • An instrumental version of the Top Gun soundtrack
Try it for yourself!

Any feedback is appreciated, let me know what you think! Enjoy

Andre12

I have the stick and throttle working on the Jantzen sim, through antimicro. But I do not know how to map the buttons on the throttle and stick for the hearing part on anti micro.

rybs

I have the stick and throttle working on the Jantzen sim, through antimicro. But I do not know how to map the buttons on the throttle and stick for the hearing part on anti micro.
Map a button on the throttle to the "E" key and a button on the stick to "Right Mouse Click".