• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Raptors have landed...at Oceana

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Sooo...I'm sticking up for the airplane I love, so forgive me if I think the Tomcat can kick any a/c tail, stealth or whatever. I suppose I'm just as cocky as those who spent 30+ years flying it. As always, thanks in advance for any replies, be gentle.

I know this is off subject but I'll always agree that its about the pilot behind the controls. I'm sure that a well-trained F-14A/D pilot could give a chair-force type a run for his money...If a superbee can do it so can an F-14. :icon_rage

As far as those viper pilots....I'll never judge because I wasn't there... but why would the afghans be using MLRS for SA fire? my 2c

heres the FLIR footage.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/friendlyfire/media.html

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Nope can't say I have... I looked it up though and it looks as if the Iraqis could possibly have it... but personally I doubt the Afghans would... (since we are strictly talking in the context of that Viper story and STAN)

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
zambonivsf221zu.jpg

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
You're a good man HAL...saw that pic a while back and been looking for it since. :)

JustAGuy

pilot
Long time reader, first time poster.

I won't say much more then what I'll say here, but what we learned in Alaska is that the Raptors are well worth their money, and both sides of the hat in the Rhino/Raptor debate were very impressed with the other in what they specialize in. The original questions posted here comparing the two are really not applicable at all, working together it's an amazing force.

Oh, and the Raptor guys were the most Navy-like Air Force guys I have ever met. The Eagle drivers still had the typical Chair Farce attitude we all have come to know and hate;)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Long time reader, first time poster.

I won't say much more then what I'll say here, but what we learned in Alaska is that the Raptors are well worth their money, and both sides of the hat in the Rhino/Raptor debate were very impressed with the other in what they specialize in. The original questions posted here comparing the two are really not applicable at all, working together it's an amazing force.

Oh, and the Raptor guys were the most Navy-like Air Force guys I have ever met. The Eagle drivers still had the typical Chair Farce attitude we all have come to know and hate;)

You're not the first I've heard to say that the Raptor is worth every penny.