• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Raptors have landed...at Oceana

JustAGuy

pilot
And I probaly wouldn't be the first to say I was a huge doubter as to its price tag versus mission.

No more of that from me ever again.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
And I probaly wouldn't be the first to say I was a huge doubter as to its price tag versus mission.

No more of that from me ever again.

Because of what? Their cost has well proven worth their benefit in the CAS, FAC(A), and the physically-incapable-of -carrying-HARM-SEAD mission?

Getting ramped up over their OCA capability is all fine and good, but that's a small piece of the puzzle these days... and still a massive waste of money IMVHO...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Because of what? Their cost has well proven worth their benefit in the CAS, FAC(A), and the physically-incapable-of -carrying-HARM-SEAD mission?

Never designed to do those missions... I know you love the F/(no A)... but it's true, the AF dropped the A moniker (it was only a money ploy anyway)

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Our SIPR hasn't migrated yet. Has there been any serious look to go SIPR with this? As the former S-2/S-6 of my squadron, I can only imagine the hassle involved, but I'm not a computer expert.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you aren't an Eagle driver, you aren't sh!t in the AF...

...and the light gray Eagles (single seat) firmly believe they are superior to the dark gray "Mud Hens" (Strike Eagles). It goes beyond community rivalry as many of top general officers are single seat legacy fighter guys. Any wonder Raptor and OCA mission gets such priority?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Don't you guys worry about SEAD - I'll take care of that. ;)

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Our SIPR hasn't migrated yet. Has there been any serious look to go SIPR with this? As the former S-2/S-6 of my squadron, I can only imagine the hassle involved, but I'm not a computer expert.

You mean SIPR being run by NMCI? It's a reality stateside. :eek:

Brett