• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

exNavyOffRec

I am pretty astounded. Is there a way the board had my old scores considering I retook my astb very close to the submission date?? old scores were 6/5/7
Anything is possible, that would explain it, even though you were a no now just remember that the difference between going to OCS from this board or from the next board probably won't be much of a difference, I hope.....

BB Poison

Contributor
Anything is possible, that would explain it, even though you were a no now just remember that the difference between going to OCS from this board or from the next board probably won't be much of a difference, I hope.....
I’m curious about the dates given, it seems every SNA was given either 08-23, 09-23, or FY-24, but nothing for 10-16. Are they saving those class dates for non-aviation, or could they assign those of us given FY-24 to those classes later?

exNavyOffRec

I’m curious about the dates given, it seems every SNA was given either 08-23, 09-23, or FY-24, but nothing for 10-16. Are they saving those class dates for non-aviation, or could they assign those of us given FY-24 to those classes later?
You could be right on all of those ideas, that is pretty far off so they may just see how everything plays out.

jacobsolo

First time posting, saw my name on the list for SNFO! Pretty hyped but I am still set on being a NA at some point!

Long story short, had my package submitted by Feb and thought I was finally chillin' but was told a few weeks later my vision disqualifies me from NA (after being told the entire time that there is no vision requirement so long as you're correctable to 20/20). I cried a bit, reevaluated things and chose to go for NFO - primarily because my best alternative would be to fund LASIK myself, wait 9 months for my eyes to settle and be looked at by MEPS and then finally apply for NA and possibly not get picked up. Figured I'd rather get my foot in the door than dig myself a hole.

Anyways, had to rant because this process has been ridiculous. Congrats to everyone and can't wait to meet some of you at OCS and beyond!

Upwardbound

I would say you are being fed a line. If you know your heart wouldn't be in doing the NFO job there are other options, you can write a reconsideration letter and you can put in there that while you appreciated being selected for NFO before that you didn't not apply for NFO.

If you decide to decline do it via email, and be specific in your reason for declining.

There are of course risk but there are other options such as ANG if they tell you no to SNA.
Who would I email and how would I go about it? Does it go through the recruiter or is it a direct email? What kind of details would I express?

vbts13

Still waiting on my recruiter to text/call me back, has anyone who was selected for FY24 heard any kind of date from their recruiter?

Mowgli

I’ll trade you! They gave me November 27th
Well I am freaking out, I’m AD so I was fortunate to know a week ago. Was waiting on my OCS date and that results list have me going October 16th. My skipper requested end of November as my wedding is November 12th.

vbts13

My recruiter said he’d call me today so we’ll see
Just got off the phone with my recruiter, he said since I was slated for FY24 the earliest class date I could receive is July 2023. He did say that that's subject to change though, and he'll keep monitoring to see when an actual date shows up.

csanfilippo9

Just got off the phone with my recruiter, he said since I was slated for FY24 the earliest class date I could receive is July 2023. He did say that that's subject to change though, and he'll keep monitoring to see when an actual date shows up.
It’s that backed up . Sheesh, how many SNAs are there waiting to go