• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS OCS 12AUG 2024 IWC Board

Niketay

CW Select
Long time lurker here. I also applied to the 12AUG2024 PROBOARD for IWC for 1810 (and the 05AUG2024 INTEL PROBOARD as well). I was told by Mr. Celestin that my package was going up for I-SEL for 1810. Does anyone know how or when those results are published?

exNavyOffRec

Long time lurker here. I also applied to the 12AUG2024 PROBOARD for IWC for 1810 (and the 05AUG2024 INTEL PROBOARD as well). I was told by Mr. Celestin that my package was going up for I-SEL for 1810. Does anyone know how or when those results are published?
It is highly probably you are not going to be seen for Intel, see the below snip on how ISEL are processed.
1724029570134.png

notmyname12

Any news or updates to the IWC board / IP or anyone seeing any status changes yet? Checked with a local recruiter and they said all they could see in PrideMod was that my status is "Initial Processing". Since I'm AD and submitted straight to NRC only someone from NTAG 198 would have rights to see more details they were saying. Hoping to get an idea of which way it went ahead of them releasing results to BOL.

jetski77

Any news or updates to the IWC board / IP or anyone seeing any status changes yet? Checked with a local recruiter and they said all they could see in PrideMod was that my status is "Initial Processing". Since I'm AD and submitted straight to NRC only someone from NTAG 198 would have rights to see more details they were saying. Hoping to get an idea of which way it went ahead of them releasing results to BOL.
What does NTAG 198 mean ?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Recruiters can only track applicants from their own NTAG/recruiting district normally.

What does NTAG 198 mean ?

That's the code for Fleet applicants.

enegmaa

No, I have not heard anything yet and nothing populating on BOL. Hopefully something soon will pop up. I have just been monitoring BOL and the sharepoint page for results. Good luck to you though we should hear word any day now.

blueriver

Sup y'all posted in the SWO board og but was told this would be more fitting!

Finished my package, and I am applying for a few boards. Was told I would hear back sometime in October.
First time applicant. With no prior service.
Age 22

Undergraduate GPA 3.3 - History and Minor in Political Science
OAR - 46 (lower, but figured I'd take a shot rather than miss board)
2 LORs - veteran captain and boss from IT job.

Shooting for an INTEL, CWO, IW, and SWO-INTEL in that order. Figured I would shoot my shot and see if I can't get in. Seeking a position of Officer. I also applied for the CG and am currently finishing my package for that which, decision are made around December. So a possible issue with the timeline, but I will figure it out when we get there lmao.

enegmaa

Sup y'all posted in the SWO board og but was told this would be more fitting!

Finished my package, and I am applying for a few boards. Was told I would hear back sometime in October.
First time applicant. With no prior service.
Age 22

Undergraduate GPA 3.3 - History and Minor in Political Science
OAR - 46 (lower, but figured I'd take a shot rather than miss board)
2 LORs - veteran captain and boss from IT job.

Shooting for an INTEL, CWO, IW, and SWO-INTEL in that order. Figured I would shoot my shot and see if I can't get in. Seeking a position of Officer. I also applied for the CG and am currently finishing my package for that which, decision are made around December. So a possible issue with the timeline, but I will figure it out when we get there lmao.
Doesn’t the program authorization for Intel and CWO state the degree should be in an applicable field of study? I wonder if that will have any impact on selection, or if it’s not really something that is focused on. But either way, good luck to you!

blueriver

Doesn’t the program authorization for Intel and CWO state the degree should be in an applicable field of study? I wonder if that will have any impact on selection, or if it’s not really something that is focused on. But either way, good luck to you!
CW/IW says a stem degree is preferred but not required, luckily. I do have a waiver for the OAR score, but I think that's it. I have experience in the field from a job in college, so I am hoping that will help me out in terms of weighing the commission. Intel has History listed under degrees preferred and Poli Sci. So I am chilling on that. Thanks and good luck to you as well!

exNavyOffRec

CW/IW says a stem degree is preferred but not required, luckily. I do have a waiver for the OAR score, but I think that's it. I have experience in the field from a job in college, so I am hoping that will help me out in terms of weighing the commission. Intel has History listed under degrees preferred and Poli Sci. So I am chilling on that. Thanks and good luck to you as well!
In regards to preferred it essentially means required. Historically 90% will have tech degrees, did you take the calc and calc based physics series classes

CW and IW are the same designator, IW changed their name to CW years ago.

Any waiver hurts your chances as they only accept people with waivers in limited numbers.

aetolicus

If you look at the threads for the past few boards, people with non-STEM degrees but otherwise good stats can get selected for CW. My recruiter told me they've put in CW candidates with criminal justice and business admin majors in the past year. That said, I think it's safe to assume that most of them have calculus and physics credits. Also, as exNavyOffRec mentioned, most people selected do have STEM degrees, so my impression is that to be competitive without one, the rest of your package should be well above average.

exNavyOffRec

If you look at the threads for the past few boards, people with non-STEM degrees but otherwise good stats can get selected for CW. My recruiter told me they've put in CW candidates with criminal justice and business admin majors in the past year. That said, I think it's safe to assume that most of them have calculus and physics credits. Also, as exNavyOffRec mentioned, most people selected do have STEM degrees, so my impression is that to be competitive without one, the rest of your package should be well above average.
I have seen some with non stem picked up, several of mine that were had been going for tech degrees then switched to non tech which means they had all that calc and physics.

Niketay

CW Select
I realized I didn't drop my stats. 1810 is my first choice, 1830 was my second. Just counting the days until results!

Rate/Rank: CTI2 (4 Years 10 Months TIS)
OAR: 56
UG GPA: 3.5 (Computer Science/Spanish)
GRAD GPA: 4.0 (Commercial Enterprise in Space)(In progress)
Interviews: 3 LCDR 1810s, 1 LT 1810, 1 LT 1830
LOR: 1 Retired O-8, 1 Reserve O-5, 1 Active O-4
Miscellaneous: L3/R3 Spanish DLPT scores, L1+/R2+ Portuguese DLPT scores.
Waiver: None

molkshake

Applying for CW-BDCP, rising senior in college. Is it alright if I have completed the calculus requirements but not the physics? My degree is in Computer Science but I'm getting a BA, and physics isn't a requirement for this program of study although calc is. It's still a STEM degree in every other sense, just without physics.